Sunday 27 January 2008

Mostly just Grateful... Remember why I need to be in a classroom

It has been a year to the day since Grandma Dolezal died.

Her laughter painted skies over beaches in every room of my childhood. Even now with the colours faded by time lost and regret- hers are still my favorite colours.

So much of who I am is due to the family that she created. I miss her, but today as I was feeling something close to sadness I really couldn't just relax into the meloncholy. All I really could feel at length was proud of her, and a sense of blessedness in being a branch somewhere up on the loudest, roughest, closest tree I could ever wish to be part of. If you haven't been a Dolezal or an associate, I can't explain it... but I truely pray that you have something kin to the Love I grew up around, and that is what I try to create every day in my classroom (while I succesfully make the metric system MUCH more complex than it needs to be).

I miss you grandma and the way you took on life, and your tube tops, and your comfort in your skin, and your coarse loving sense of humour. I miss you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt,
I appreciate your thoughts.
xxoo, Mom

Anonymous said...

i understand. completely.

always,
kyle g