Tuesday 25 September 2007

God Bless You.

Ew.

Sometimes I feel like my life is one of those "Here is a ludicrous Bad Example to prove a ridiculous point" videos.

Today's example- I was looting for breakfast in my kitchen. I decided to open the door to the fridge to find something tasty and then i got caught unaware by a sneeze.

Boom!!!!

All an outsider would have seen is me opening the fridge and then immediately sneezing a loud messy sneeze all over all the food and quickly shutting the door.

Ick.

Hopefully my roommates don't check this.

_________________________________________________________________
Today was a good day, and I got inspired at night class. My kids will learn to read. They will know I Love them. They will learn the Love of an outsider, the far reaching Love of a teacher like I have felt as recently as a moment ago.

I have in my head as I get ready for bed ideas, and hope, and a comment from a voice that I know has blown through time and space.

Once in awhile I am thrown off my horse, a bright light shines from heaven, and where I hope to hear thunder and see brilliant white blinding me- there I hear silence, or a whisper. I am reminded despite it all, through it all, because of it all- I am here to do the work of someone I know I need to trust, and someone who I rarely let myself trust.

I am Loved by Someone I know Loves me. And I will give up and trust soon. I will. For now, I thank God for sunsets, smiles, good books, inspiration, my natural tendency to smile, cold beer, my students, my talents, my family, poetry, music, my old teachers, my friends, and this fire he has planted in me that seems to dwindle, but never ever get blown out.

Mostly God, i thank you for making yourself so real that I know you never let me go- no matter how close i get to letting you go.

God Bless You.

No comments: