Thursday 13 September 2007

Options

I have been trying to decide on an opening line for this post. Here are a few I have brainstormed:

So, I hadn't done anything against the rules for awhile, I can't decide whether or not that plays into my decision to skip night class and blog...

If it weren't for a childhood influenced primarily by my parents and Robin Hood, I might have been one hell of a salesman....

I have decided that my biggest strength for being a teacher comes from the fact that I excel at nothing....

No math class has ever taught the significance of the difference between 28 and 22 as thoroughly as having only 22 kids in my class for 3 hours....

Do not read this blog; as of today 10 of my kids have fevers of over 103 and you are statistically guaranteed to get sick if you interact with me in any way....

I had to have a have a figurative "coming to Jesus" talk with Travis today. And either he will figuratively or literally, but dammit we are going to make him learn....

The last time I was on an emotional roller coaster this big I was in middle school...

If my kids learn anything this year the credit will be divided exclusively between my family sending down books, and the mentorship of my co-teacher...

For the sake of my immortal soul, I have to hope that it is morally acceptable to not teach anything but rugby until the end of the Rugby World Cup. Does St. Peter take references from Geoff Stalker...

So, there it is... Those are my first thoughts. At this point, that is all I ever have time to have.

Take care all.

(If people vote, I could finish one. If not, well, I will have lots of other first thoughts later.)

No comments: